Sunday, January 3, 2010

Neighbors

This summer I was struggling with some issues surrounding the rules imposed by the Homeowners Association in our neighborhood. I was feeling as though they were being very unreasonable and felt that on principle I was right and they were wrong. It had gotten to the point that I had developed a great deal of anger and was ready to just ignore all my neighbors and climb in a hole. Needless to say, I was over reacting and definately not living in the spirit.

One day in the midst of this struggle I was out mowing the lawn. My husband was out of town and I had a day off and it was super hot and I just needed to get the lawn mowed. I had made it through about half and all the sudden I look over and here comes my neighbor on his huge riding mower and he just waved at me and started mowing. He mowed my entire back yard (the majority of my yard) and then left and came back with his blower and blew the grass out of all my beds so I had no clippings in the rocks around my bedded plants.

I can't tell you how humbled I was by his act of kindness! It totally melted away all the anger and angst that I had been holding in my heart. He renewed my hope in being a good neighbor and was a true blessing. I am sure he had no idea what a blessing he had given.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your very spirit inspires me and it does so when you probably least expect that you are being an inspiration. Great idea for a blog!